Travel all over the Australian countryside and you will encounter many a strange thing. Thankfully, the good citizens of Oz are there to give you directions or ample warning as to what lurks just around the corner.
Whether it’s hitting the road, hitting the pub or even hitting the dunny, take heed of the signs and notices that Aussies have left (or kindly doctored) for you to stay safe and smiling.
And yes, these are all for real…
20 Stupidly Funny Australian Signs
1) Complete bull shark. Very dangerous
2) Our men and women in blue have got you covered
3) We don’t call it a ‘thunderbox’ for nuthin
4) McWhat?! Big up to Yass. Just don’t dare order the Happy Meal
5) What’s that Skip? Snow? In Australia? You’re taking the piste
6) Get it right, postie! Jeez
7) In Australia, everyone knows the cops have the best gear
8) The first to the scene of a road accident is always a cow
9) In Australia, we have drive-thru butchers (cows are everywhere!)
10) We are also at the forefront of science
11) Australian tax payers’ money hard at work, right there. More of that science stuff
12) Tip: Bring insect repellent .. and shears, if ya got ’em
13) Our mate Craig is a really nice bloke. No, seriously. And he sure knows how to dazzle with his thongs
14) Oh yeah, we got snakes. Big ones. They’re adorable
15) Buckle up, baby – you are in for one helluva ride in Oz
16) In Australia, every night is ladies night
17) And our chooks are fair dinkum ENOURMOUS … because they drink beer
18) We love to shift the blame. So, who’s fault is that jumper?
19) In Australia, jumping on the bed is a serious crime. So is clothesline swinging, by the way … if you are caught
20) Because we don’t let them jump on beds …