With the recent rise in the popularity of travel as Covid starts to decline, many people are looking for new ways to get around. Whether it be public transport or renting cars- there’s something available that will suit your needs.
It can often feel like an uphill battle when trying to plan transportation while abroad, but thankfully we’re here with some tips before embarking upon such adventures:
10 Tips on Getting Around Abroad
1) If possible take taxis when you don’t have to go far and have fewer stops.
2 Don’t worry about communicating with the cab or car rental companies, they are used to non-native English speaking people.
3) If you go on holiday during peak season remember that there will be traffic jams. Try to time your journey accordingly.
4) Make sure that you have all your documents prepared ahead of time.
5) And please remember that hiring cars isn’t as expensive as it seems. When we Rent a car in Eindhoven, we actually saved money by avoiding taking taxis. And the plus side is that we’re never stuck in a queue or waiting for a taxi.
6) For those who were traveling by plane to foreign countries for the first time, we advise them to take out the basic package of insurance as usually it is included in the price. This way you could avoid any financial losses if something happens to your hired vehicle, like an accident or theft.
7) Make sure that you know where all the filling stations are located around the city that you are traveling to before leaving. It might be helpful to print out a map beforehand and take it with you for easier orientation.
8) We recommend taking the car insurance and booking through a reputable car rental company like BB&L Car Rental. Insurance is especially important if you are going to a foreign country where you don’t speak their language and have limited knowledge of local customs. This way, you won’t be scammed by any dubious drivers.
9) Taking a GPS is highly recommended for those traveling with a rented vehicle as it will show you the quickest route to your destination. To be able to use it properly, you need to call the car hire firm and ask them for an access code. Just punch in this number, choose language, and voila! You’re ready to go. And of course, you can use Google Maps if you have Wifi.
10) And lastly, it goes without saying that we advise you not to drink any alcohol before driving as it impairs endurance and decreases the ability to drive safely.
And don’t forget about taking scenic routes while exploring great new destinations; you’ll appreciate all those viewpoints even more after spending time driving through them on roads less traveled by others.
We hope that these simple tips will help you have a pleasant stay in any city you are traveling to