Ever wonder if you’re unnecessarily wasting resources on outdated and inefficient document management processes? If you still rely on paper documents and hand signing, you’re unnecessarily putting yourself behind your competition, negatively impacting customer satisfaction, and expending valuable employee time on tasks that can be automated.
In this article, we’re going to give you some general advice about finding the optimal app for your organization. We’ll also review three of the web’s leading brands.
Choose the Best Electronic Signature Software in 3 Easy Steps
- Compare features and packages – An e-signature platform built for multinational enterprises will be unsuitable for a small mom-and-pop business (and vice versa). Equally, different packages for the same app will be designed for organizations of varying sizes. Making a list of required features will help you decide whether or not apps are suitable for your business and the specific demands of your document workflow. You may, for example, need payment integrations in your documents or require support for bulk sending.
- Take your top choices for a test drive – Most if not all major digital signature apps offer free trials. Sign up for one before purchasing a paid subscription. Some of the main things to pay attention to in the trial phase are ease of use (particularly of the primary interfaces), customer support, and compatibility with your existing apps (accounting, project management, online storage, etc.).
- Ensure assistance during the implementation phase if needed – Onboarding is always a time-consuming task, especially if software is expected to be used across an entire organization, as is often the case when it comes to e-signing and document management. Assistance during the often-difficult onboarding period can be of immense benefit. Some providers give onboarding support, and it’s worth being aware of this when deciding between apps.
E-Signature SaaS Apps: Top 3 Picks
Here is our selection of three of the top apps currently on the market:
- PandaDoc – PandaDoc is a feature-rich document management solution. Along with core e-signature functionality, which is available on its free plan without any document upload caps, users also have access to a document editor, project management tools, a library of pre-written templates, and more. Whether you’re looking for a fully-fledged platform or a stripped-down e-sign tool, PandaDoc should be part of your consideration process.
- Adobe Sign – Adobe Sign offers a well-designed e-signature tool that includes all the features you would expect: drag-and-drop signature fields, notifications, bulk sending, and tracking tools. It’s built for use primarily with PDFs, so this is something to be aware of.
- signNow – signNow is a popular solution that comes with a dependable set of core features, including unlimited templates, bulk sending, personalized document branding, and a mobile app. Unfortunately, integrations are only available on the $50 per user per month premium plan.