For many of us, perfumes are not just accessories we use daily. Finding the right fragrance for the right occasion is a priority, and having someone compliment our scent is the best thing to happen.
If you are serious about fragrances and want to know more, let us help you explore some amazing information about perfumes that can make you a pro in everything related to fragrances.
Have you ever noticed how perfume smells a certain way when you apply it fresh but changes after a few hours? Well, those are the notes in the perfume playing out.
Notes in perfumes are layers of scents (ingredients) that make up the fragrance. For instance, every perfume has three notes:
- Top Notes: Lasts for 5-15 minutes
- Heart Notes: Lasts for 20-60 minutes
- Base Notes: Lasts more than 6 hours
So, the next time you look for a scent, look for the notes to find your perfect scent.
Take a look at your perfume bottles. Do you see the ENT, ENP, or ENC tags? These phrases denote the percentage of concentrated perfume that your scent has. In general, there are four types of perfumes:
- Parfum: 20-30% of concentrated fragrance and lasts up to 24 hours
- Eau de Parfum: 15-20% of concentrated fragrance and lasts for 6-8 hours
- Eau de Toilette: 5-15% of concentrated fragrance and lasts for 2-4 hours
- Eau de Cologne: 2-4% of concentrated fragrance and lasts for about 2 hours
So now that you know about concentration levels, you can choose the right type of perfume best suited to your needs and requirements.
We all think that good fragrances are expensive. While that may be true for most luxurious brands, it’s a tad bit different for Dossier.
Dossier has a vision of making premium fragrances available for everyone at the best price. So you get to enjoy luxurious fragrances without investing a fortune in them!
The way perfumes work is that they mingle with your natural body scent to give you a unique fragrance.
This is why the same perfume can smell completely different on two individuals. Therefore, please take your time to decide on your scent with these tips:
- Wait a few minutes after application to let the fragrance mingle with your natural scent
- Apply at pulse points to activate the fragrance properly (neck, wrist, elbows, back of the knee, and ears)
- Try one perfume at a time (and no, sniffing coffee beans in between does not help)
Do you know you can layer your perfumes to make them last longer? Try combining different types of fragrances. For example, try layering Dossier’s Santal 33 Perfume with Ambery Saffron or Powdery Coconut to give you a comfortable and creamy fragrance. You may also layer with perfume oils to get unique and lasting fragrances.
Most mass-produced perfumes do not use natural ingredients but chemicals harmful to your skin. Also, many perfumes use ingredients extracted from animals.
So, when buying your perfume, look for all these details and make better sustainable choices. Dossier perfumes, for example, are completely phthalate, paraben, and cruelty-free. They use clean ingredients, and all their perfumes are vegan.