We want to believe that the most stringent quarantine restrictions are in the past. You may remember how much the lives of people around the world changed in 2020. Closed public institutions, restrictions on going out, a complete lockdown in most countries, which in some forms persists to this day. What kind of new friendships and dates could there be at all in such conditions?
Many have completely forgotten how to make friends offline. But this needs to be corrected, and preferably in ways that are comfortable for you.
Apps that help you socialize faster and find a soulmate in the future
You probably immediately thought of the classic dating apps — Tinder, Badoo, and the like. But today we’ll not be talking about them. Such applications existed long before the pandemic and, in general, have not changed much since then. We are interested in more unusual solutions that not only help to make new acquaintances, but also let you socialize faster.
- Meet5 — a German dating app that has become super popular thanks to its unique format. Meet5 doesn’t invite you to meet one-on-one with new people — you and other members meet in small interest groups and can organize joint events. It can be almost anything: a nature tour, a bike ride, a picnic in the park, meditation, and more. Thus you get to know several people at once, feel freer in a circle of like-minded people and socialize faster. You can either join an existing group or create your own. Meet5 is available for iOS and Android devices.
- Breeze — an app that changes the way you look at the process of searching for a match. While in other applications you have to “swipe”, like, study other people’s profiles and perform a bunch of unnecessary actions, Breeze does everything for you. The application analyzes your account and provides two profiles of people every day, which are selected by an internal algorithm. You cannot immediately start communicating with the person you like, but you can indicate in the calendar the date and time when you are ready to go on a date. If the second person has the opportunity to come at the chosen time, you will have a meeting — Breeze will make this process as easy as possible. As the developers of the program say, they want acquaintances not to stretch out for weeks and months until your first date. Their application helps meet faster, find common ground and not have to guess who’s actually hiding behind a profile in an application or on a dating site. Breeze is available on iOS and Android.
- Jigsaw — an unusual app with the aim to show that personal appearance shouldn’t be the main factor in dating. After all, judging a person just by appearance is not entirely right, do you agree? In Jigsaw, when you start chatting with a new person, their face is hidden by a colorful puzzle. Only as you communicate with the interlocutor, get to know each other better, the puzzle disappears piece by piece. Thus, by the time you fully see the face of the other person, you’ll already know what they are, what their character is, how interesting they are to you, and so on. Jigsaw can be installed on iOS and Android devices.
There are already a lot of unusual solutions in the field of online dating. And surely more will appear in the future. Many of them really deserve your attention, because at least they help to diversify communication and in some cases add a game component to it.
And what about those who do not want to experiment with such formats, but also do not like classic dating sites or applications? There is a solution!
Cam chats — a real find for single people
There are a lot of reasons why many do not want to use regular dating sites:
- Long and not always clear registration.
- Expensive paid services and limited free functionality.
- Difficulties in learning some sites.
- Sometimes ineffective or inaccurate algorithms for finding a potential partner.
- Typically mediocre moderation and poor customer support.
Webcam chats are platforms that can replace usual dating services. Also, they are almost completely devoid of the disadvantages mentioned above. Registration here is either not required at all, or happens in just one click through the social network profile. Using webcam chats is quite easy even without a paid PRO account. There are paid features, but not everyone needs them and if they do, not all the time.
It’s easy to figure out how random cam chat works, there are no incomprehensible unnecessary functions, dozens of pages, settings and other blockers. Everything is extremely simple, and the algorithms for selecting chat partners are much simpler and clearer. Cam chats are based on complete randomness or on a few basic parameters set by the user. For most, that’s enough.
Regarding moderation, some cam to cam chats may still have issues, but in general, nothing critical. In Emeraldchat, Shagle, ChatRandom and most of the relatively well-known alternatives, it is generally very decent. And in CooMeet cam chat it’s completely flawless. So’s the work of their support service, which is available for any questions 24/7.
We recommend that you don’t concentrate on only one communication format, or especially on one service. Webcam chats have existed since 2009, and during this time, dozens and even hundreds of sites for random acquaintances have appeared. So you always have a choice. We advise you to consider both free and paid live cam chats. The first ones are perfect for quick acquaintances without unnecessary settings, and the second for those who approach the search more thoroughly and are really tuned in to promising acquaintances.
There’s no need to be lonely online
The coronavirus pandemic in the world has clearly demonstrated that loneliness is the worst punishment for a person. And the inability to meet and communicate with other people is a real torture. You and I are in a sense lucky, because now there is the Internet and hundreds of varied services for communication. So everything is not as bad as it could be.
For reference: Almost a hundred years ago, humanity was faced with another global epidemic. It was the so-called “Spanish flu” — a dangerous strain of flu, which, according to scientists, in the period from 1918 to 1920, made more than 30% of the entire population of the planet fall ill. Back then the situation was much more complicated than it is now.
We have a huge number of opportunities to make new friends, communicate with interesting people and even arrange online dates, which then happen offline. The main thing is to find the format of dating and communication that suits you. Whether it’s classic dating sites, unusual applications or webcam chats — it depends only on you. Try something new, experiment with formats and get rid of unnecessary restrictions. There have been too many of them over the past few years.