The Dronestagram drone imaging platform unveiled its top 20 most beautiful and amazing drone photos for 2017, and it’s stunning.
While aerial photography has become somewhat of a trend over the last couple of years, Dronestagram gives people the platform to showcase their work.
According to Dronestagram’s official website, the top 20 was selected from thousands of photos published during the year. “It is incredible for several reasons,” the statement continues. “First of all, drone photography has become a discipline in its own right with its codes and rules. Then, the pilots-photographers have become more and more experienced over the last few months and the level is rising dramatically.
Finally, drone technology is constantly improving as prices fall, and especially so that the machines become more accessible due to their size and ease of use.”
The competition was judged on creativity and photographic quality by a panel of experts, including some from Dronestagram’s partner National Geographic. Take a look down here:
1. Girls at The Beach, Rio De Janeiro – Author : marihenud
2. Dawn of Mercury Tower, Moscow – Author : Alexey Goncharov
3. Hippos, Serengeti National Park – Author : yannick68
4. Portuguese Surfer – Author : jcourtial
5. Sveti Stefan Hotel, Montenegro – Author : smakadron
6. Marigolds, Thailand – Author : seksan saowarod
7. The most famous waterfall in Iceland Gullfoss – Author : Vaidas
8. Home. Sweet. Home – Author : yannick68
9. Tropical Island Beach, Dominican Republic – Author : ValentinValkov
10. Cracked Mud Boat – Author : MiloAllerton
11. Salt Fields – Author : helios1412
The salt fields are also the speciality of Bac Lieu. Bac Lieu is the salt basket of the Mekong Delta, with extensive salt fields along the coast. The salt fields of Bac Lieu are divided into squares and rows with lots of sparkling white salt under the sun.