Paying attention to our personal hygiene is the top priority, but we also must keep our homes clean and safe from pollutants and viruses. Carpets take a significant place in our rooms, so those objects must be kept clean at all times. Simple vacuuming is not enough. A quality Carpet Cleaning London service is required for deep and proper cleaning. You should always consider professional services for the best cleaning, and the following are some tips that should help you in the meantime.
Tips For Carpet Cleaning
- Baking soda can remove the unpleasant smell. Baking soda is also good for removing minor oil stains as well as for removing fleas. Just apply some on the affected area, leave it a while, then vacuum it with a cleaner.
- Shaving cream can help you clean the carpet areas that receive the most traffic. These areas usually have bigger dirt stains, which can be removed by applying shaving cream on them and then cleaning the area with a brush.
- Iron helps for removing wax and other hard stains. Before using the iron, clean the surface with a vacuum cleaner. Then make a solution by using 2/3 water and 1/3 vinegar. Apply it to the stain and allow a few minutes for the solution to work. After that, put a clean cloth over the wax or stain and iron over to remove it. Of course, never use an iron directly on the carpet.
- Use an ice cube to get rid of chewing gums that stick on the carpet. Put the cube directly on the gum and leave it to melt. The ice water will harden the gum. Then soak the water, and use a vacuum cleaner to suck the gum off the carpet.
- Squeegees are ideal tools to use for removing pet hair from carpets. These are surprisingly efficient over any fabric furniture, so give them a try if you keep a pet at home.
- Window cleaning solutions and nail polishers can be used for cleaning dark spots on rugs and brighter carpets. The best thing to do is to dip a soft cotton cloth in these solutions and use it to rub the stains. After you are done rubbing, vacuum the place and wait to dry fully.
- Some rugs and carpets can be flipped over in the same way as mattresses. Do this for those carpets that are located in high-traffic areas. Flip them over every few months and wash them regularly or hire a professional cleaning services like upholstery cleaning London.
These were some basic tips for cleaning and taking care of your carpets. They can help with minor problems and stains, but they are no magical solution. If you want the best results in carpet cleaning, then always go for top-quality professional services. That way you will ensure the best possible care for your carpets.