The film Birdman dominated the international section of the 4th annual Australian Academy of Cinema and Television Awards on Sunday.
The AACTA International Awards are part of the main annual AACTA Awards (formerly the AFI Awards). The international event is held annually in Los Angeles to recognise film excellence regardless of geography. The 2015 ceremony was for the first time held in conjunction with the annual G’Day LA Gala event, celebrating Australia Day.
The Awards are determined by our AACTA International Chapter, which is comprised of over 140 of Australia’s most recognised filmmakers and executives who vote across seven categories.
AACTA International Awards 2015 winners list
- AACTA International Award for Best Film: Birdman
- AACTA International Award for Best Direction: Alejandro González Iñárritu (Birdman)
- AACTA International Award for Best Screenplay: Alejandro González Iñárritu, Nicolás Giacobone, Alexander Dinelaris, Armando Bo (Birdman)
- AACTA International Award for Best Lead Actress: Julianne Moore (Still Alice)
- AACTA International Award for Best Lead Actor: Michael Keaton (Birdman)
- AACTA International Award for Best Supporting Actress: Patricia Arquette (Boyhood)
- AACTA International Award for Best Supporting Actor: J.K. Simmons (Whiplash)