Be it new or old, gamblers of every kind have several questions about sports betting. Tim Harrison gets asked so many questions that he finds it practically impossible to answer them all verbally. That is why we have come up with this blog dedicated to sports betting FAQs only. Here, we will cover all the players’ vital questions to ask Tim.
We hope you also get answers to all your questions in this blog. Even if not, Tim is sure you will still learn a lot from the blog if you read it until the end. Better clarity about sports betting will help you place smarter wagers and win higher. So are you interested in finding the answer to all your sports betting queries? If yes, then Tim Harrison from BetZillion is here at your service. Keep reading to learn more!
Is Sports Betting Online Legal? Find Out Australian Times Experts Say!
The first and the most common question that Tim gets the most is whether or not online sports betting is legal. There are no world basis laws made for sports betting. It depends on where you stay. Your country’s constitution will dictate the legality or laws related to sports betting. However, Tim can assure you that it is legal in most parts of the world, including South Africa. The countries that Australian Times know of where sports betting are banned are:
- United Arab Emirates
- North Korea
To stay on the safe side, Tim recommends you speak with a lawyer and find out about the gambling laws in your country. Gamble only if your country’s laws allow you to; otherwise, don’t!
Is Sports Betting Safe and How to Find a Safe Bookie?
So many newbie gamblers wonder whether sports betting is safe or not. It is 100% secure if you can choose a trustworthy betting site in SA. Some tips on selecting a reliable bookmaker site online are:
- Renowned authorities must license the site like the National Gambling Board.
- The bookie must follow the rules and regulations set by the National Gambling Act.
- Before joining, you must check the bookmaker reviews on sites like Trustpilot, HLTV, Twitch, etc.
- The site must offer reliable payment methods like bank transfers, VISA< E-wallet, MasterCard, etc.
Photo: Philippa Rose-Tite, unsplash. A determined young man lifts a club rugby player from the opposing team off his feet to stop him running with the ball during a match. Persistence, grit, determination.
What Is the Minimum Age Required for Online Sports Betting?
It again depends on the country’s laws. However, in most countries, including South Africa, the legal gambling age is 18 years old. A few countries have to 21 but not higher. Tim requests the young readers not to participate in gambling if they are below the legal age.
How to Not Get Addicted to Gambling?
Are there chances that you might get addicted to sports betting? Yes, there are! But thankfully, there are also ways in which you can prevent gambling addiction. Some of the popular responsible gambling methods are:
- First things first, gambling is a pastime and not your profession. Hence, do not expect to earn a living out of it.
- Do not gamble for long hours or multiple days at a stretch. Take breaks in between to do other things you like.
- Do not bet more than you can afford to lose. Maintain strict records of your affordability before betting.
- Try to control your emotions after losing. Do not stress or mourn over a loss for a long time.
- If you know that there are chances of you getting addicted to gambling, get in touch with ngb.org.za for help.
How Much Money Should be There in My Gambling Account?
Tim believes the size of your bankroll depends upon how much you can afford to bet and lose. Some might have just 1000 dollars in their account, whereas it may be above 10,000 dollars for a few.
What is “Vigorish” or “Juice” in Sports Betting?
The bookie cuts a percentage of profit while accepting your wager to keep the business running. It is usually around 5 to 10 percent of the money deposited.
Can a Gambler Secure Guaranteed Wins in Sports Betting?
Never! There is no way to find guaranteed wins in any betting, be it a sport or a casino. Most successful gamblers do not have a higher win percentage than 60%. Such a winning percentage, too, takes a lot of hard work and research.
What is a “Unit” in Sports Betting?
By “unit,” the bookie means the amount of money wagered by the players most often. This amount is usually $50 units and $100 units. For instance, if you bet 6 $100 units in a game, you are wagering a total of $600.
What Is Over/Under or Total Bet?
Over/under or total bet is simply betting your money on the total winning score. What if the team’s total is 200, and if you choose under bet, you will win only if the team scores below 200.
What Is Moneyline Betting?
In moneyline betting, the favorite is marked with minus and the underdog with plus. Now, if team A is marked -180 and team B is marked +250, it means you get to win $100 for betting $180 on team A and $250 for betting $100 on team B.
What Is a Point Spread Bet?
In a point spread bet, a number is added or subtracted from the final score. If the point spread bet is -2 favorite, you need to subtract 2 from the score, and if the score is still within the winning limits, you win the bet.
Which Is the Hardest Sports to Put Wagers On?
Tim says that this varies widely from one gambler to another. Any sport you have less knowledge about will seem harder to you than the one you know by heart. However, experts say that bookies find American Football the hardest to find out the game’s odds. Hence, we can say that this game is slightly more difficult than the rest.
How to Deposit Money in an Online Bookmaker Site?
When participating in online sports betting, you can easily deposit funds by following the steps below:
- Login to the site using first.
- Then visit the ‘my account’ or payment page of the site.
- Click on deposit and pick your deposit method.
- Fill in the details asked for depositing money using your preferred method.
- Enter the amount of money you want to deposit.
- Click on ‘submit.’
How to Withdraw Winnings from an Online Bookie?
Now that you know how to deposit money, learn the steps of withdrawing your funds:
- Login to the bookie site.
- Go to the cashier section and click on the withdrawal option.
- Pick a withdrawal method.
- Enter the amount you want to withdraw.
How Long Do Withdrawals Take?
The withdrawal time depends on the withdrawal method. Below are some of the popular services that take the time:
- Debit or credit cards: 1 to 5 days
- Cheques: 5 days or more
- Bank transfer: 5 to 10 days
- Bitcoin: 3 days
- Visa: 2 to 3 days
Tim has tried to cover all the popular FAQs related to sports betting. We hope now you can gamble smoothly. But if you have further queries, you can get in touch with the contact team of the bookie you play in. So when will you gamble next? Do let us know!
ALSO READ: Super Bowl Odds