Breytenbachs Immigration Consultants recommend that clients who want to avoid these new rules, contact us without delay.
Below we highlight some of the most prominent changes to Tier 2 announced by the UK Government.
The changes made to the Tier 2 were first proposed in March 2016, and include the following:
- The Tier 2 (General) salary threshold for experienced workers will be increased to £25,000. There will be some exemptions.
- The Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) salary threshold for short-term staff will be increased to£30,000.
- The Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) graduate trainee salary threshold will be reduced to£23,000.
- The number of Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) graduate trainee places will be increased to 20 places per company per year.
- The Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) skills transfer sub-category will be closed.
The changes above will apply to all certificates of sponsorship assigned on or after 24 November 2016.
Intra-Company Transfers are currently not liable to pay the Immigration Health Surcharge, but will also become liable in due course. The date is not known yet.
Breytenbachs Immigration Consultants has a dedicated Tier 2 Department. If you have any queries on how these changes could affect you, please feel free to contact us.
CONTACT BREYTENBACHS: www.bic-immigration.com or [email protected]
TOP IMAGE: lONDON (Via: Canva.com)