Last night, a cop spotted a blond driving on the freeway knitting. “Pull Over!” He yelled. Then she yelled back, “No! Cardigan!”
Joke aside, cardigan sweaters are one of our most loved, versatile, and cozy knitted garments of today. This humble piece of clothing is timeless from summer to winter and can transform our outfits wherever we want to go.
Please keep reading to discover the best-knit stitches for cardigan sweaters through this remarkable collection we prepared for you.
Cardigan Sweater, #OldFashionedNoMore
Before we explore our knit stitch list, let’s cover what a cardigan is and how it became a natural staple for us.
Ordinarily used as shorthand for looking frumpy, the humble cardigan does not have to be old-fashioned. Cardigan sweaters can also be one of the most trendy, persevering items in our wardrobe. They can keep us cozy in cooler weather. They can also make us look slimmer and taller and offer us endless styling possibilities.
Style a Sexy Cardigan Without Looking Frumpish
While having a modest and elegant look, cardigans transform into sexy and practical outerwear pieces in any season. However, they can also be tricky as they can be frumpy if not careful. The key to styling a cardigan is to get the balance right, and below are some ideas inspired by models and actresses.
- Give an oversized cardigan a sexy twist by pulling a model-approved trick and let it hang off the shoulders to reveal the clavicle.
- A midi-length knit cardi looks voguish when paired with low-key denim.
- To add a carefree edge to an evening dress, choose an oversized cardigan and allow it to fall off the shoulders casually.
- Create the effect of crop tops with longer-length cardigans by simply leaving the bottom unbuttoned to flaunt the body’s midsection.
- Another casual way is a cropped cardigan which can work well with a pair of ripped jeans, sneakers, and a baseball cap.
Knitting Stitches Aesthetically Pleasing for Cardigan Sweaters
A recent analysis indicates that knitting has a noticeable effect on soothing anxiety and reducing stress as it is a relaxing and worthwhile activity. Knitting has also come into fashion, a big thanks to a new generation of designers who are continuously recreating the “old-fashioned” practice into an up to date work of art.
We’ve rounded up for you the most essential and aesthetic knitting patterns that ladies will surely love for their cardigan sweaters in the collection below.
One of the most basic stitch forms, a knit stitch has a “V” letter shape which can be used to create purl stitches, rib stitches, and moss stitches. It can also be used to form garter strings. This basic knit stitch can turn a cute cozy knitted cardigan into a lovely gift that is effortlessly chic.
The garter stitch is a basic and easy-as-a-pie type of knitting stitch. It can easily be recognized by the knitted loops on every row forming horizontal ridges. Garter stitches are great for making chunky, stretchy fabric and it makes a wavy pattern. Cardigans and hats can be made with this type of stitch.
Another in-demand stitch pattern is the stockinette stitch. It is also an easy knit stitch that can produce delightful creations and has a significant benefit of perfecting purling and knitting skills. Sweaters, cardigans, scarves are some of the incredible things to be done using stockinette stitches.
Linen stitch, also called fabric stitch, is unique as it can produce a vintage-looking effect and woven-like texture. Its characteristic is a firm, reversible material that is suitable for making bold-colored clothes. Many knitters love this stitch pattern for cowls, cardigan sweaters, and blankets.
Netted stitch is one of the beautiful stitches that are perfect for both summer and winter. It may seem tricky to do, but it is actually effortless to knit, and it requires looping and knotting at intersections of fabrics to form a garment. Trendy lace scarves and cardigans are typical works built with netted stitches.
Tips to Keep Our knitwear in Good Shape
Taking care of our knitwear is necessary to make it last longer and look good as new. Here are our knitwear care tips to keep them last longer:
- There are different washing instructions specifically in each piece of knitwear, from angora and wool to cashmere and cotton.
- Angora: Do not use a washing machine or do a dry clean as this knitwear may shrink. It must be washed by hand in lukewarm or cold water.
- Cashmere: Due to its high quality and price compared to other knitwear, washing cashmere may seem intimidating as this can indeed shrink it if not done the proper way. This knitwear needs a limited amount of washes; it can be washed in a washing machine, but it is still recommended to wash it by hand.
- Wool: If using a washing machine, make sure it is set to a gentle cycle for knits, and it is on a cool setting of 30 degrees to prevent wool garments from shrinking. Hand washing is a safer option, but once cleaned, do not twist the clothing as this can cause the knitwear to lose its shape.
- Cotton: The easiest knitwear to wash, which can be cleaned in the washing machine without shrinking. Follow the washing instructions carefully and set it on a gentle cycle.
- Acrylic: These acrylic fabrics are known for their toughness and ease to care. Most of them can be put in the washing machine on a delicate cycle and old wash with regular laundry soap or gel.
- Putting knitwear in a dryer is a risky move since it can cause the garment to shrink. It is recommended to have the knitwear laid flat to avoid losing its shape.
- An inevitable result of wearing knitwear is bobbling; even so, there are ways to minimize and remove them when they start to show up. The best tip to avoid bobbling is by flipping it inside-out when washing knitwear. If bobbles appear, brush them with a lint roller, a clothes shaver, or a knitwear comb to reduce them.
- Utilize the space in closets and fold the knitwear to stop it from becoming stretched or out of shape.
Knitwear plays an indispensable part in layering, making the simple cardigan one of the most delicate pieces to layered fashion. FASHIONLINE, the world-class manufacturer of wholesale cardigan sweaters, brought this thoughtful article to you. With the combination of the latest fashion styles with ingenious technology and the creative thinking of their in-house team, FASHIONLINE is known as an innovative fashion purveyor that supplies plenty of stylish designs to high fashion boutiques and exclusive fashion brands around the globe. Look no further if you are in search of fashionable cardigans in bulk, and contact FASHION LINE today!