Looking for the Diversity Visa Program application form? The original one is only available for the DV Program entry period at the official Lottery website. Although now you can find a full copy of it at an online DV Program application training service.
DV Program. What is It and How Can I Participate?
Originally called a Green Card Lottery is a government program focused on issuing electronic diversity visas to random successful candidates from around the world.
The initiative was created three decades ago to allow people from countries with low U.S visa approval rates to move, live and work in the U.S.
Each year 55000 participants are chosen through a random drawing. It’s important to be as honest and clear with your answers in the form. Lots of otherwise successful candidates got rejected due to minor mistakes in their application.
If you win the first round, you should pay the $330 fee to go through the interview process.
Avoid getting booted by training with an online DV Program form before submitting a real application.
Pros of Using the Online Training DS-5501 Form
Prepare your answers in advance. Make the process of filling in the real application by practicing with the copy first.
More than half of applications get rejected due to misinformation during the second step of the DV Program. It’s in your best interest to double check your answers by using the duplicate of the registration form!
Wondering how the training form can help you? Here’re some of the great benefits to using it:
- You can save your answers and complete the form many times. The original form only lets you fill it in once without an option to come back to your answers. The training copy can be edited multiple times, plus all potentially applying family members can try their luck too.
- If your application photo doesn’t meet the requirements in some way, you can double check it with a DV Lottery photo verification service and attach it once again.
- You can learn how to correctly enter your information. It’s important to write down the names of your place of birth with the right spelling. Find out the up to date versions through Google or your search engine of choice.
- Redo your application as many times as you need to secure your correct answers. Training form is a good way to help your brain remember the correct information.
- The copy of the registration form is the same as the original and is available for the whole year, not only during the registration period. Meaning you don’t have to rush with submitting it, take your time to enter all answers as detailed as needed.
What Can I Do to Increase My DV Program Winning Odds?
As previously mentioned, the Lottery is 100% random and the winners are chosen through a drawing.
You can’t technically increase your chances to win in the first step without entering multiple applications. While it’s prohibited to do so, it’s allowed for all family members and spouses over the age of 16 to submit separate applications in the draw.
The authorities value honest and correct information. Secure your win by being clear with your application answers.