1. Ahh the sweet taste of success.
Faf du Plessis and others right now. #AUSvSA #Lollygate pic.twitter.com/aY0TcFar8t
— Nikhil ???? (@CricCrazyNIKS) November 22, 2016
2. But then there’s the bitter aftertaste
BREAKING: Australian bowler “likely to be fined” after tampering with ball using mouthful of sour grapes. #AUSvSA #mintgate #FafduPlessis — Emma Turd (@emmaturd) November 22, 2016
3. Hmm. Offensive on at least two levels. Aren’t you a charmer.
Faf du Plessis is going to need his batty boy security guard Zunaid Wadee at the Adelaide Oval. #ausvsa
— Ruslan (@cricket_fan_cz) November 22, 2016
4. That’ll piss on their mints.
They just pissing on @faf1307!!! the mint didn’t change anything! best response is to get a double 100 in Adelaide to complete the 3 – 0 — Thulani (@ThulaniM16) November 22, 2016
5. You’re definitely banned for that.
All Faf du Plessis was doing was making sure the ball was in mint condition.
— Jonathan Basile (@jonobasile) November 22, 2016
6. A tap-in, to mix the sporting metaphor.
The three hour #mintgate hearing they had for @faf1307 lasted longer than an Aussie inning.???????????????? Bring on the #whitewash on Thursday Faf. — Mmathinya Dikgale (@vyf_dikgale) November 22, 2016
7. Other bodily functions are available.
@ICC #Pathetic muppets! minty saliva on a ball?!?! What next? Suncreamy sweat from forehead? Deodorant from armpit? #mintgate #FafduPlessis
— Patrick Busschau (@PaddyBush) November 22, 2016
8. Boom. It was the ICC, not Australia, really. But let’s keep having fun.
I think it’s SO sad that just coz teams can’t beat Proteas,they need2find excuses of why can’t win. We have talent not excuses!! @faf1307 — Charlotte Van Renen (@CharlotteVRenen) November 22, 2016
9. Sure. And let’s bring back hanging for traffic wardens while we’re at it.
For what? If he’s cleared of ball tampering then what’s he been fined for.
If he’s guilty then should be banned
— CJ (@Jonesthesteam72) November 22, 2016
10. Another ban coming up for that.
So the angry reaction of the South African cricket team to the allegations about #FafduPlessis is basically a… tamper tantrum. — antickpix (@antickpix) November 22, 2016
11. Du Plessis: One of the greatest threats facing the world today.
It’s an absolute disgrace that @faf1307 can be allowed to play on in the #ThirdTest against @CricketAus! I’m shocked that act disgusting!
— Campbell Miranda 21 (@Campbe_Official) November 22, 2016
12. ‘I plead not Balti, my lord.’
@faf1307 why didn’t you just say you had a curry night before and your breath was not team friendly #Mintgate — James T Ralph (@jtr1975) November 22, 2016
13. #everythingmustfall #absolutelyeverythingmustfall
@faf1307 please go and destroy those Aussies on Thursday. RSA is behind you! #Aussiesmustfall #mintgate
— Darren Bruce-Brand (@R4zzle_D4zzle) November 22, 2016
14. But the plot thickens (no it doesn’t).
“Faf du Plessis” well it appears the lolly wasn’t as sticky as we all thought…just a fine is weak — Glen (@spragga71) November 22, 2016
15. Oh dear. Ahem.
And cue the #ICC going into lock-jaw. Here’s India captain Virat Kohli doing the same as Faf du Plessis. https://t.co/DLUiuTYpia
— Jean Smyth (@JeanSmyth) November 22, 2016
16. But we will give the last word to the mint master himself.
Faf du Plessis trolling the media at Adelaide Airport ???? #Mintgate pic.twitter.com/RKYxBGnlGP
— Andrew McGoff (@KloppGoff) November 21, 2016