TOP Ten articles for 2011 on AustralianTimes.co.uk
1. Rupert Murdoch attacked… by a man with a pie. Comedian Jonnie Marbles distracts everyone from what was not really a very important meeting, by trying to throw a pie at the media mogul. Only to be taken down by Rupert’s outraged wife, Wendi Deng.
2. Darryn Lyons flaunts his fake six-pack on the set of Big Brother (UK). Bet he got heaps of girls.
3. The Royal Treatment. Australian Simon Watkinson finds out that getting a job in London is easy — as long as you look like Prince William.
4. A QLD man tragically plunges to his death in planking accident, prompting Deputy Police Commissioner Ross Barnett to say: “Police fear that as planking gains popularity there may be more injuries and, potentially, further deaths.” The Queensland PD were not going to take this lying down. (Check out the planking photo gallery)
5. NRL teams Manly and Melbourne bring back the biff in a melee which proves that sport is simply the stuff that happens between fights.
6. The 2011 ARIA Awards. Kylie gets inducted, Boy and Bear bag five, Goyte wins again, Gillard looks awkward on stage.
7. Obnoxious Aussie’s Abroad. Leave your manners at the immigration desk. Liv Hambrett tries to remember what it is about Australians that she likes.
8. Great Aussie and Kiwi coffee options in London. Helpful tips to find a decent Antipodean brew in the ‘Starbucks’ city.
9. Slapped up with S.mouse! in da house. London’s hippest get rowdy and Chris Lilley takes a break from offending people on the tele, to offend some people in real life.
10. Back on the bandwagon. The ‘greatest’ team in the history of the AFL show Geelong’s upstarts how they play the game in the west. The Aussie Times Rubdown at its very best.