As 2015 draws to a close, photo sharing juggernaut Instagram has revealed the year’s top 10 most tagged locations in the world.
The list, as you might expect, features some of the world’s most iconic landmarks and photogenic districts, presumably captured by and bragged about on the social media platform by millions of tourists.
Also see: Top 5 Australian locations on Instagram
Topping the list is Times Square in New York City, followed by Paris’s Eiffel Tower and London’s Tower Bridge.
Top 10 most tagged locations in the world on Instagram
1. Times Square – New York, New York City
2. Eiffel Tower – Paris, France
Boa noite✨✨✨Belíssima foto do meu amigo @cbezerraphotos ✨✨✨ ____________________✨✨✨✨Edição @deluxefx & @izkiz Apps✨#nancirenner#paris A photo posted by Nanci Renner (@nancirenner) on
3. Tower Bridge – London, UK
4. Red Square – Moscow, Russia
5. Dodger Stadium – Los Angeles, USA
6. Istiklal Caddesi – Istanbul, Turkey
“Happiness…” #istanbul #streetphotography #taksim “Küçük mutluluklar…” A photo posted by Meric (@merichakan) on
7. Parque Ibirapuera – Sao Paolo, Brazil
8. Vondelpark – Amsterdam, Netherlands
#amsterdam #vondelpark #bycicle #amstel #holland A photo posted by @filtered2fook on
9. Park Güell – Barcelona, Spain
#parkgüell #Bsrcelona #catalunya
10. Golden Gate Bridge – San Francisco, USA
Exploring this masterpiece with @bootzcaire #goldengatebridge #tookgoesglobal #sanfran A photo posted by Anthony Skara (@tookasauras) on