Loneliness Among Students: Does It Exist?
If a person of 30-35 years of age goes back to student years, most likely, they will remember a lot of communication with friends, numerous acquaintances, and regular dates. There used to be no problem with finding Russian brides or girlfriends from other countries. What’s changed since those times?
- The development of mobile technologies: every modern school pupil has got a smartphone, tablet, PC, and laptop. There are other technologies around, i.e., smart TVs, gaming consoles, etc. No wonder, the youth is not accustomed to real-life communication. Young people chat and exchange messages. Even making a call is now a challenging task.
- Introverts and the shy: probably, the former has led to the fact that more and more young people are calling themselves introverts, and they are unwilling to uncover their shell in which they feel secure and protected.
- High requirements and expectations for the future: more and more modern students understand the importance of education and the role of knowledge in their lives. Thus, they are focused on education rather than all-night-long parties. As a result, the possibilities to meet a potential date in real life are decreasing.
As you can see, contemporary students have significantly changed in the past dozen years. Therefore, they face the absence of time, just like their permanently busy parents. Shyness and reservedness contribute to the lack of communication between the sexes of the young generation.
Dating Sites & Apps: A Way Out
For the above reasons, more and more young people prefer online communication and acquaintances to real-life approaching with a trivial greeting. Besides, here are the benefits of using apps or social media for acquaintances highlighted by young people:
- Convenience: in the majority of cases, a young person gives preference to an app. You merely install and use it. Searching by geo, interest, or age — all this is possible.
- Time-saving: do not be surprised, even those students who are not entirely devoting themselves to studies, have a lot of fun things to do. Their favourite game is released, or they need to earn some money to buy the latest model of console or cell phone.
Also, a lot of young people state that it is way faster to understand if there is anything in common with a potential date. First, they tend to fill in their profiles fully, and they post and add stories often. Thus, even before getting acquainted in real life, a young person understands if there is a chance of a successful date of not.
Dating sites have made the process of finding a partner more organised and time-saving. Even contemporary youth understands how essential it is, especially in 2020-2021 when a lot of events and public places are inaccessible.