SEO is something that dwells on keyword research combined with the quality of the content. Keyword research is an ongoing process that keeps evolving every single day. So if an SEO Company misses the trick for even a short while then the corresponding website may lose many spots to its competitors.
Now there are a lot of effective techniques that may be employed to get an edge over the competitors as far as keyword research is concerned. Below mentioned are 7 such tips.
- The use of negative keywords is one such important tip which is especially important if a business is using PPC or pay per click advertising campaigns. Negative keywords are ones in which a business doesn’t want to trigger any of their ads so that they don’t lose money to useless traffic. Once a keyword is mentioned as negative then the advertisement won’t show up for such keywords.
- Localized keywords is an effective technique to use if the businesses are such that they thrive on business from local clients. These could be service industries or even industries which sell items but want local people to come to their business and hire their services or buy their products. Local keywords could be a keyword that is formed by mixing one of the service or product and the name of the city where the business is operating.
- Another effective tip is finding the keywords that your competitor is using. It is easy today to find out keywords being used by your business competitors and then use such keywords judiciously to rank higher for those keywords. Just visiting a keyword listing tool online and entering the URL of the webpage of your competitor will list all the keywords that are being used on that page.
- Using Google suggests is also an effective way. You just need to type in a keyword in the Google search bar and Google will suggest a whole list of related keywords that are frequently searched on the search engine.
- Customer is key, so any business which targets the common questions asked by customers is better positioned to do well. So if contents are developed based on the keywords from commonly asked customer questions then it is highly probable that the webpage will be better as far as SEO is concerned.
- Google has an option called “People also ask” which can be found in the search results page. These are effective and relevant search terms rich in keywords and can be used to develop great search engine optimized content.
- The use of SEO toolbars is also an effective way of finding a host of useful features that can help in keyword research. Even multiple web pages can be easily analyzed for keywords, page and domain authority, and even backlinks very easily which acts as a boon for businesses who want to improve on their SEO through keyword research and other activities.