Mark Webber considers Ferrari but re-signs with Red Bull
Mark Webber had been rumoured with moves to Ferrari, following his Silverstone victory on Sunday sealing his ninth career formula one victory but
AUSTRALIAN Formula One star Mark Webber had been rumoured to be heading to Ferrari next season but following his Silverstone victory in the British GP on Sunday – his ninth F1 career win - the Aussie international has refused all offers and has renewed his Red Bull Racing contract for a seventh consecutive season.
“There were discussions with Ferrari, but my decision was to stay here,” said Webber on 2KY this morning.
“I’m very very happy, and looking forward to next year, and this year as well, ” he said.
Webber’s decision means he will be racing alongside fellow Red Bull team mate and double world champion, Sebastian Vettel, for a fifth season.
“I’ve been with Red Bull Racing since 2007 and have achieved nine Grand Prix wins during that time,” Webber said.
“I’m high on confidence at the moment and firing on all cylinders.
“I know the team well and I’m very comfortable here. We have grown together over the years and it feels like absolutely the right thing to stay with Red Bull for another season.
“The team is constantly working hard to improve in all areas and we’ve shown that together, we can win races.”
Mark Webber’s official website revealed the news on the Silverstone 2012 winner: “We’re delighted to announce that Mark Webber’s contract has been extended for another year, meaning the Australian, who won the British Grand Prix on Sunday for a second time, will continue to drive for the Team in 2013.”
What do you think – is Webber right to stay or should he have tried his luck somewhere else? Tell us below: